[RBENT] researching a trike

Jim Caddell jim at caddells.us
Wed Jul 27 07:18:28 CDT 2011

I bought something very similar for my wife, to match my Sun EZ-Cruiser (http://www.sunbicycles.com/product_detail.php?short_code=EZ-3+SX+Tadpole&cl1=RECUMBENT), and returned it the next day. I think it was a different brand, but the seat height and general lines were pretty much the same. The name Baby Boomer hints that it is designed for seniors, but heck, I’m a senior and I’m not ready to stay on the sidewalk yet! Here are the specs:
http://www.bicycle-riding-for-boomers.com/baby-boomer-tricycle.html
more:
http://www.bikemania.biz/LoneStar_Baby_Boomer_7_Speed_Recumbent_Trike_p/lonestar_babyboomer.htm

I doubt that it will go fast enough to ride safely on the street. The seat is so high that it would tip over at any hint of a curve at high speeds. Didn’t you say you had a Sun tadpole trike?  If you love your Sun, you will probably not like this. If you like a sedate pace on the sidewalk, maybe it’s for you.

Jim