[RBENT] researching a trike

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Tue Jul 26 21:38:26 CDT 2011

Hi Susan,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 09:31:04PM -0500, Susan Barackman wrote:
> LoneStar Cycles Baby Boomer 7-Speed Recumbent Adult Tricycle
> I came across this trike at the following website
>
> http://www.bicyclingworld.com/templates/product.aspx?rqProductID=7069
>
> It is $900 incl. shipping and $75 rebate to put it together at a bike shop.
> It only has 7 speeds.  Does anyone know anything more about this trike, how it
> rides, etc. Thanks.

Check the specs.  It's 65 pounds.  That's twice the weight of the
average tadpole trike (two wheels in front, one in back).  If you have
nothing but level roads to ride on, it will be acceptable, but
significant hills will be a killer.  I recommend against it.

> Susan Barackman-fine art from Morning Light Studio
> Paris, Texas 75462
> esbee at 1starnet.com
> now on the net at ... http://susanbarackman.freeservers.com

Cheers,
--
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
“Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it